Indiana Art Association Spring Show
Entry Form & Eligibility
The show entry form and labels are included in this mailing. The entry form needs to be received by Saturday, May 26, for the reduced entry fee, or pay a little more and bring it with your work at drop-off.
Only members of the Indiana Art Association with current dues paid for the year June 1, 2016 – May 31, 2017 are eligible to enter. (This show is considered the final event of the IAA year.) You may pay these dues using the show entry form. Contact IAA Treasurer if you have questions about your membership status.
Show Entry Guidelines:
- Must be an IAA member with dues current
- Each member may enter 1-2 pieces of artwork in the Spring Show.
- All work must be original (no copies, giclees, reproductions or paintings based on others’ photographs, no kits or molds) and not more than five years old.
- Two-dimensional work must be properly framed, wired, and ready for hanging. Wire should be attached to the frame 1/3 from the top and not show above the frame.
- If unframed, sides must be finished as part of the artwork.
- Maximum 36”
- No wet paintings will be accepted.
- No entries that have been previously entered in IAA Open Arts or Spring Show, award winning or not, are permitted.
- Entries must be suitable for family viewing.
- Only entries that are accompanied by a registration fee, and following these guidelines will be qualified for judging.
Categories *please note that this year Photography is split into two categories*
All works will be judged; no works will be juried out of the show. All media within a category will be accepted and grouped together for judging. The decision between professional and non-professional are left up to the artist; HOWEVER, if it is known that you meet the criteria for professional and you enter below your qualifications you will be asked to enter professional. If you meet two or more of the criteria listed for professional you should enter professional.
- Professional – Sells art on a regular basis; has formal training such as college art study; attends professional art workshops; shows work in galleries regularly, works in the field or is a member of a professional organization.
- Non-professional – All other entrants except student IAA members.
- Photography—Professional – Sells photography on a regular basis; has formal training such as college art study; attends professional art workshops; shows work in galleries regularly, works in the field or is a member of a professional organization.
- Photography Non-Professional – all other photography entries
- Student – Students through grade 12 who are members of IAA.
Entries will be accepted at the The Artist Hand Gallery, 732 Philadelphia Street, Indiana, PA, at the following times: Sunday, June 4 from 2 pm – 4 pm. Please come to the back entry of the Gallery to do so.
**please ensure that your work is wired properly, and framed properly, we will not have supplies on hand to wire or attached canvases to frames, if it is not properly done, it will not be accepted**
Accountability & Liability
All entries must hang for the entire duration of the show. Precautions will be taken to safeguard your work; however, neither the Indiana Art Association nor The Artist Hand Gallery will be responsible for loss or damage.
Work should be priced for sale or marked NFS. The Indiana Art Association will retain a 15%, The Artist Hand will retain 35% and the Artist will retain 50% commission on the works sold.
Unsold artwork is to be picked up at The Artist Hand Gallery on Sunday July 2nd between 2pm – 3 pm. Please come to the back entry of the Gallery to do so. Please make arrangements to have your artwork picked up if you are unable to do so.
Amount of awards are based on the number of entries we receive. We cannot list our award amounts here. The more entries we receive the better the awards.=
If you would like to be listed in the Spring Show Program as a PATRON, you may donate as little as $5. Other categories are any multiple of $5 if you would like to help your Art Association.
*Our judge will be named at a later date*