The recipient of the scholarship will be selected by the Indiana Art Association. An eligible candidate must:
To be eligible, a candidate must:
1. Be a resident of Indiana County;
2. Graduate from high school in Spring 2013;
3. Plan to continue the study of art at a college, university or accredited art school;
4. Submit four pieces of artwork for consideration by an Indiana Art Association judge. Take care that the matting and framing thoughtfully enhances the work, if applicable.
5. Send the application below to
Indiana Art Association, c/o Alice O’Dell, 732
Philadelphia Street, Indiana, PA 15701 or by email to email@example.com.
The application must be received by Saturday, April 20, 2013 (no exceptions).
6. Judging will take place at the Indiana Art Association, 732 Philadelphia Street, Indiana, PA(studio in The Artists Hand Gallery) on Saturday, April 27, 2013. Artwork must be dropped off between 3:15 and 3:30 pm, and must be picked up at 5:00 pm.
7. The focus is on traditional creative art, rather than on commercial or digital images; however, these will be considered if they are approached as a fine art form.
Questions: Call Alice O’Dell at 724-357-0975
Ben Loreno Memorial Award
For the last five years we have been privileged to be able to present a worthy arts camper who is graduating high school with an award in memory of a former Arts Camper, Ben Loreno. To be eligible for this award the senior must have participated in Arts Camp at least 3 years or more. To qualify the student must be continuing their study of some form of art (visual, musical, drama, video, writing….) in a post secondary school. We ask that the senior who is interested write a brief essay on what Arts camp and the arts have meant to them. Deadline for the award application is May 7th, 2013. Please send the essay to Trish Dodson c/o Arts camp Award, 33 Jeffrey St, Indiana, PA 15701.
We welcome any donations made in Ben’s memory toward this memorial award. Please make checks out to Indiana Art Association with “Ben Loreno award” in the memo line and send to the above address.